- Synthesizer: So funktioniert elektronische Klangerzeugung
- R is for Roland
Services - repair and modification of synths and analog studio gear
- Service Manuals: This is a link to Rob Senso's website. He offers a huge collection of exceptional scans of service manuals for all kinds of electronical musical devices. You can download them without restriction, but I ask you to be fair and donate a little money as he asks you on top of his page. If you did so already, the you may scroll down on his page.
I removed all service manuals from my page with exception of those, which are not available at synfo or which I scanned in better resolution.
- ADA STD-1: a sound example of this great analogue multitap chorus unit.
- Arturia Minibrute: Some pics from the inards of the Minibrute, and better pcb layout plans.
- Akai S612: Info about the first Akai sampler ever. The complete service manual for the S-612. Some description of the less known multisampling upgrade. Editing software for Atari.
- Akai VX600: some pictures of an Akai VX600 I owned some years ago
- Boss DR-55: schematics, service manual
- Bel BD 80S: some pictures of a powersupply replacement and of cleaning the push buttons of this marvelous stereo delay
- Boss BX-8 / BX-16: service manual (thanks to Andy F aka werock at muffs)
- PlanB Milton: schematics and two pictures of a Milto sequencer from Peter Grenaders "Plan B"; I once was asked, whether I could repair this one, and the customer sent me these data. But in the end the job was canceled. As it is a rare piece, I decided to publish it here. All rights by Peter Grenader.
- Casio FZ-1: service manual, zip-archive with photographs from my orignal paperversion.
- Casio FZ-20m: service manual
- Dynacord VRS-23: schematics, only three *.tif files
- Dynacord Percuter: Pictures of my percuter, boomer and sequencer. This gear has been stolen between 24th of December 2016 and 2nd of January 2017 in Berlin. Serial numbers are: Dynacord Percuter S #10041, Dynacord Big Brain (Sequencer) #10113, Dynacord Boomer (Prommer) #10115.
- Electrix Repeater: original owners manual, manual for firmware V2.0, firmware V2.0, various informations
- Harms MAC16: Some information on a rare 16-channel MIDI-CV interface (incl. Ownersmanual).
- Korg KEC-42: Service Manual for the Korg KEC-42
- Korg Minipops MP-7: Schematics of the Korg Minipops MP7.
- Korg MonoPoly: Modifications, tuning instruction, pictures, schematics / service manual for the Korg MonoPoly.
- Korg MS-20 SERVICE MANUAL: service manual as PDF (courtesy of vintageplanet.nl).
- Korg Polysix: schematics / service manual for the Korg PolySix. Chord-Trigger module for the Polysix and Poly61.
- Korg Poly61: schematics / service manual for the Korg Poly61. I don't own a Poly61, but I am thinking about to use its voiceboard as an extender for the MonoPoly.
- Korg SDD-1200: service manual for the Korg SDD-1200 Digital Delay
- Korg SDD-3000: service manual for the Korg SDD-3000 Digital Delay
- Korg SQ-10: high resolution scan of the service manual for the Korg SQ-10 sequencer.
- Langensee Compressor: some pictures and a sound example on the Langensee compressor, which is an nice adoption of the Urei 1178
- Lexicon Jamman: pictures of the replacement of a broken rotary encoder in a Lexicon Jamman.
- Moog Parametric EQ: Some pics from a repair of a Moog Parametric EQ - these are especially examples for the misuse of contact cleaner on potentiometers.
- Moog Phaser: repair of a Moog Phaser - broken switch for stage countr.
- Moog Polymoog: servicemanual of the Moog Polymoog as PDF.
- Moog Prodigy: Pictures of my modified Moog Prodigy (additional MIDI-Out and MIDI-In by Doepfer CTM64 and MCV4)
- Oberheim DS2a: I bought this old digital sequencer some years ago, but never managed to get it running really. At the moment only two pictures. The Service Manual is available too.
- Oberheim OB-Xa: pictures and service manual.
- Quantec QRS: owners manual and service manual.
- Rhodes Chroma Polaris: Pictures of a helper pcb that replaced the broken switch membrane temporarily
- Roland CR-78: DIN-Sync interface for the Roland CR-78, and schematics of the WS-1 programmer switch for the CR-78
- Roland CSQ-100 service manual / schematics
- Roland CSQ-600 service manual / schematics
- Roland JX3P: info, tipps, schematics, and modification on this roland Synth.
- Roland Juno-6 / Juno-60: A chord trigger modification for the Juno-6 or Juno-60. Also some pictures of my incredibly rotten Juno-6.
- Roland Jupiter 4: a few pictures of a mod i made to the voicecards of the Jupiter 4, to enable/disable voices. This makes the tuning procedure much easier.
- Roland Jupiter 6: modifications, pictures, some documentation
- Roland RS-505: pictures of the toggle switches
- Roland SH-1: pictures of a replacing the 100V-transformer by a 230V torroid transformer; picture of a panel switch disassembled.
- Roland SH-101: service manual and some modifications.
- Roland TR-808: german owners manual, schematics
- Roland System 100: service manual, schematics, owners manual, patchbooks.
- Roland System 100m: schematics and two sound examples. These pages are mainly a simple gallerie, which uses the scans, that are available at Analogue Heaven. On analogue heaven there is no possibility to walk through the schematics.
- Roland System 700: schematics. I don't own a System 700, so please don't ask me questions.
- Roland Filters: an overview on all types of voltage controlled filters used in analogue roland synthesizers.
- Roland Ensemble and Choruses: an overview on all types of string ensemble effects and chorus'es used in analogue roland synthesizers (work in progress, not complete).
- Studiomaster 16-4-2 Mixing Console: schematics, modifications
- Tama TS-305/306: schematics.
- Vestakozo (Vestakaza) DIG-420: Some info on this very interesting vintage Audio Delay.
- Yamaha CS-60: Some simple instructions, how to add an LED to the voiceboard (M-Board), which is lit when the voice is active. Very helpful while tuning
- Yamaha RM 2408 Mixing Console: Description, Pictures, Schematics
- A simple headphone amp: The circuit is derived from the headphone amp circuits in the later Roland synths.
- A100: Some information about diy-Modules (suitable for the Eurorack-System) and about some modifications for the Doepfer A100
Other more or less private stuff:
- mountains; my other passion is alpine ski mountaineering and hiking in the mountains (public accessible pages).
- private; private pages for family and friends (password protected)