----- Original Message -----From: mrspring_eireSent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:01 AMSubject: [oberheim] Re: Oberheim Matrix 6, Dead
You mean lots of: @@@@@@@@@ in the display and they move or change when you hit keys You need to check the following:
* Battery voltage - replace if < 3v
* output of all regulators - replace if > +/- 10%, re-grease and
check the isolating strip(s) (etc.) while You are at it
* replace caps in PSU if the have 'glue' around the base, or bulges
in the tops of them
* re-seat the OS eeprom - take it out & clean it's legs, then put it back in <-- this fixes most machines straight away but You may have
corrupt patches, so...
* re-upload the patches via audio or midi dump
this has fixed 2 of my m6s, one of which was so unhappy there was
a sticker on it with the 'calibration' procedure detailed, as
the previous owner had to do this every boot time to make it useable.
It's not clear why this is so common, but it's probable each issue causes/exasperates the others, starting with the crappy PSU design..
--- In email@example.com , "wesleyknick" <wesknick@...> wrote:
> For anybody interested in this particular issue, that of strange characters showing up in the display at power-on and those same characters changing as keys are pressed (almost like a typewriter)